Who We Are:
CHC is the premier hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC-represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end users.
What You’re In For:
Responsible for providing start-up and warranty service for all CHC product lines. Identity and/or repair replacement needs; providing necessary information on the proper uses of the equipment, and assisting in other skilled trades as required.
What We Expect From You:
Technical Responsibilities – Will Assist Service Technicians with:
- Performing new equipment start-ups, tuning, troubleshooting, repairing, and providing technical direction for customers and maintenance.
- Perform equipment startup and warranty repair by verifying equipment is installed, set-up and programmed to manufacturer’s installation and operation manuals (IOMs).
- Equipment includes but is not limited to, all the equipment represented by CHC: pumps, boilers, water heaters, FlowTherm Packaged systems, chillers, cooling towers, heat pumps, and VFDs.
- Set up communications between equipment and troubleshoot interface with Building Management Systems.
- Adding manufacturer-recommended hardware components in the field when needed.
- Perform wiring or rewiring between electrical panels and CHC equipment as required.
- Perform voltage measurements on live equipment up to 480 volts.
- Work with live panels that potentially present arc flash hazards.
- Update equipment system software as required.
- Troubleshoot systems utilizing diagnostic tools such as data bloggers, multi-meters, process meters, laser alignment tools, and combustion analyzers.
- Staying current on IOM regularly.
- Attending factory schools as required for training.
- Pursuing additional formal education as needed, reimbursed (per handbook) by CHC.
Customer Service – Will Assist Service Technicians with:
- Offering telephone support for product start-up and troubleshooting.
- Present a professional, positive, and helpful attitude always when with customers and co-workers. Exhibit an understanding of human relations and functions as a team player.
- Observe additional maintenance needs requiring attention and report those to the appropriate supervisor and a recommendation of necessary/needed replacement parts/equipment.
Administration – Will Assist Service Technicians with:
- Submitting timely reports.
- Truck Tool Inventory.
Miscellaneous – Will Assist Service Technicians with:
- Create and encourage a safe work environment.
- Adhere to department and company policies and procedures.
- Work with minimal supervision while working on an assignment(s).
- Based on business needs, may be required to work overtime.
- Adhere to company policy regarding rest and meal breaks.
- If necessary, the ability to work out-of-town and stay overnight to complete work.
- Maintain company vehicles by following the vehicle manufacturers’ suggest maintenance intervals.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
- Minimum 3 years experience related to CHC’s equipment in commercial or industrial applications, such as: HVAC, plumbing, boilers, pumping
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to company goals and objectives.
- Strong technical skills, diagnostic capabilities, and aptitude to learn new technologies and systems.
- Familiar with basic electrical installation and codes
- Be able to work overtime.
- If necessary, work out of town and stay overnight at a remote location to complete work.
- Minimum 5 years of experience related to CHC’s equipment in commercial or industrial applications, such as HVAC, plumbing, boilers, and pumping.
- Knowledge of direct digital controls and VFD experience is desirable.
- Where applicable, relevant licenses pertaining to HVAC, EPA, electrical, plumbing, and boilers.
- High School Graduate or GED.
- Associates Degree from an accredited school in any of the following: a plus
To Be Successful You’ll Need These:
- Customer/Client Focus Mindset
- Technical Knowledge
- Results Driven Attitude
- Organizational Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Safe Driving Record
- Microsoft Office programs knowledge helpful
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee-Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.
$29.81 to $32.69 per hour.
View our comprehensive benefits package HERE.