Are you a CAD wizard, with a passion for hydronics? Our Senior Mechanical Designer position may be your career dream come true.
The Senior Mechanical Designer, working in our FlowTherm Systems division, will use CAD equipment to provide support to our Sales Engineers by preparing layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches, and diagrams.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD/Revit) equipment and software to develop designs.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings) with a Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Answer shop floor questions and resolve problems regarding drawings and then make necessary adjustments. Create and issue changes to the CAD file to correct problems in drawings or Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Makes the final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, the relation of one part to another, and the relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Sketches rough layout of machine and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed multi-view drawings of machine and products.
- Draws finished designs from sketches.
- Updates Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Sets up and maintains an organized file system for production drawings.
- Converts existing production drawings for Revit.
- Communicates with tooling, QA, engineering, and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- 5-10+ years’ experience and proficiency with using 2D design packages such as AutoCAD.
- 3-5+ years’ experience and proficiency with using 3D design packages such as AutoCAD MEP, Revit or SolidWorks, or Inventor.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner. Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficient
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Collaboration Skills
- Attention to detail
- Precise scale drawing
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A college degree is preferred.
In return, we offer:
CHC is a collaborative, empowering, and positive work environment with a great culture and lots of fun! We are 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options including pet insurance, support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.