Do you have an eye for detail? CHC is looking for a knowledgeable, detail oriented, Quotations Developer/Submittal Coordinator to join the team.
The Quotations Developer/Submittal Coordinator evaluates bid specifications and drawings to ensure that all information is obtained to successfully bid and win a project. Additionally, he/she will assist with Submittals.
- Detailed review and technical interpretation of mechanical and plumbing plans and specs to identify opportunities of represented products to bid.
- Ability to extract the pertinent documents from on-line building exchange services, contractor FTP sites and other electronic sources so that we can provide our customers with the most accurate quote possible.
- Estimate costs of equipment apply pricing standards and prepare quotations per company standards using our Steelbrick quotations platform.
- Take-off, price, and enter quotes in an accurate and timely manner per company policy. Ensure that quotes include as many items represented by CHC.
- The job list should include quote number, job name & location, dollar volume, specified products, and sales zones.
- Send quotes to customers one week prior and no later than two days prior to bid time via fax or email. Ensure that you have confirmation that it was sent.
- Peruse on-line services for projects, review plans and specs via building exchange services and other electronic sources.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all quotes produced.
- Monitor all jobs bids via Salesforce CRM.
- Provide active service to our customers, vendors and outside sales engineers through general pricing, job quotations and basic technical sizing assistance including, but not limited to, pumps, heat exchangers, storage tanks, boiler and water heater selection.
- Teaming with outside sales engineers at branch offices to understand regional sales strategy for the territory and the sales process; promoting open communication regarding specific accounts and any active project activity.
- When questions arise, work closely with our Business Development group, who call on the Mechanical Engineers that produce the plans & specs of the projects we bid on.
- Discuss special pricing situations with sales engineers or supervisors for advice and/or approval.
- Stay up-to-date on all new product offerings and changes in existing products as well as continuously striving to learn the technical aspect of all products offered.
- Keep quote board up to date.
- Prepare accurate product submittal data for customers in an accurate and timely manner. Develop electronic PDF files for contractor and salesperson. File original in job folder or file cabinet.
- Update submittal master templates when there is a new or existing product; file all related material (e.g., emails, submittals, re-submittals) into the California/Columbia Hydronics (CHC) Job Files.
- Save all correspondence and work created to the master electronic CHC job file folders. This includes posting all submittals prepared to CHC Job Log immediately upon completion.
- Stay up-to-date on both new and existing products and learn the technical aspect of all items
- Mail technical literature and catalogues to customers upon request
- Distribute new literature, price sheets, and factory correspondence to company personnel via email with hyperlinks to new documents for electronic access. Forward paper copies only when directed by management.
- Ensure that the literature and catalogue room is neat, up-to-date, and well-stocked.
- Inter-office correspondence, and prepare customer mailings.
- Assist Sales Department and/or Biz Dev with upcoming seminars by collating materials.
- Positive attitude with the willingness to learn.
- Able to read plans and specifications, compile an accurate mechanical equipment take-off and summary.
- Must be detail-oriented and ability to spell correctly
- Computer proficiency; Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, technical sizing and estimating software.
- Strong communication skills, including speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to prioritize work, meets bid deadlines, and performs multiple tasks with attention to detail.
- Pleasant personality and professional appearance
- Must be dependable and highly organized
- High School Graduate
- College graduate
- Plumbing &/or HVAC background preferred
- 3 years of estimating/quotations developer and/or creating submittals experience in hydronic equipment sales, distribution or manufacturing and fabrication.
In return, we offer:
CHC is a collaborative, empowering, and positive work environment. We are 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.