Who We Are:
CHC is the premier Hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC-represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end-users.
What You’re In For:
As a Purchasing Clerk, you will be part of the leading internal team that purchases goods and services according to organizational policies and procedures. You’ll be excited to help internal and external stakeholders by verifying orders, troubleshooting, and communicating information across company channels.
What We Expect From You:
- Maintain the system of ordering materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Confirm part numbers, descriptions, and prices with vendors and advise sales and other staff of new price sheets as needed.
- Returns processing/credits.
- Check over invoices and acknowledgments for accuracy and correct any discrepancies.
- Data entry and price updates.
- Confirmation of order quantity, pricing, and availability.
- Daily reports and order follow-up (telephone/email communication).
- Ensures accuracy of all orders.
- Creation of purchase requests.
- Communication of orders to vendors.
- Assist with standardization compliance of routing guidelines.
- Ensure audit compliance and order accuracy.
- Search for new ways to improve product code consistency, descriptions, etc.
- Updating company files (price sheets, vendor contact info, bulletins)
- Create and update spreadsheets
- Contact vendor CSRs for order status, expediting, shipping information, and to correct order discrepancies. Relay proper order information to salesmen and keep notes on all matters.
- Close attention to detail.
- Backup for reception — answer incoming customer phone calls, dispersing them to the appropriate personnel. Greet customers and other visiting persons.
- Other duties assigned by the manager.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
Training will be provided; but if you check most of the list below, you’ll be on the top of the list.
- Three years of related work experience
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and customer service skill
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word, or Excel
- High school graduate
We Would Like You To Have (but it’s ok if you don’t):
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Familiarity or experience with FinancialForce or similar ERP
To Be Successful You’ll Need These:
- Excellent time management
- Positive solution-minded personality
- Great interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee-Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.
Pay Range & Benefits:
$20.02 to $22.54 per hour
View our full benefits package HERE.