Who We Are:
CHC is the premier hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end-users.
What You’re In For:
As a FlowTherm PLC Programmer, you will be an integral part of the FlowTherm Systems Division. Your role will require you to program and test control panels for packaged heating, plumbing, and heat transfer systems.
What We Expect From You:
- Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work.
- Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages.
- Determining and performing panel test criteria before the final installation.
- Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- Troubleshooting system errors.
- Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
- Documenting development processes.
- Providing clients with technical support.
- Travel to clients’ locations for Start Up and troubleshooting as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- Considerable knowledge and experience with analog, digital, and relay field wiring and troubleshooting of devices and PLC hardware
- Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred, but not required:
- Electrical and mechanical engineering experience preferred.
- PLC technical certification.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a PLC programmer.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Understanding of the concepts and principles of electronic and pneumatic process controls.
- Knowledge and understanding of electronic pressure, level, temperature, and other “smart” transmitters.
- Experience with Autodesk or EPLAN.
- Experience with Cscape.
To Be Successful You’ll Need:
- Good communication
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.
Salary between $90,000.00 to $100,000.00
View our comprehensive benefits package HERE.