Who We Are:
CHC is the premier Hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC-represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end-users.
What You’re In For:
As an experienced sales engineer, you are a motivated problem solver who will be responsible for maintaining and developing new business relationships and sales opportunities.
What We Expect From You:
- Spend at least 60% of the time outside the office (including home office) on sales activities and obtaining new customers.
- Responsible for management of the commercial engineered equipment sales activities.
- Engage in a detailed relationship with customers to ensure both equipment functionality and potential for new profits.
- Identify, research, and contact existing and potential customers.
- Make sales presentations.
- Maintain established customers to allow the business to grow.
- Provide sales, marketing, and technical support activities within the designated territory.
- Monitor the activities of our competitors, stay on top of their actions, and develop plans to stay ahead of them.
- Fully utilize CRM, Salesforce, to follow up on all projects.
- Generate proposals/quotations for commercial construction projects.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction bid documents.
- Provide any information required to complete client billing to accounting in a timely manner.
- Administer sales calls, and expense records, and create timely reports.
- Present monthly sales expenses.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings to ensure that sales information flows both horizontally and vertically, and to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Attend manufacturer’s webinars.
- Either proactively or as recommended by your manager, attend seminars or courses to continue your education, such as sales, software, current product line, and systems.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
Training will be provided; but if you check most of the list below, you’ll be at the top of the list.
- A minimum of 10 years combined inside and outside sales experience in hydronic equipment sales, distribution or manufacturing, and fabrication.
- High School Graduate, College preferred. Continued education/seminars in sales, business, and engineering preferred.
- Established knowledge of HVAC equipment and applications.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully negotiating commercial construction projects
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to customers and company staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Statistical and analytical knowledge using general business and math skills.
- General computer experience (MS Windows, Office, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to company goals and objectives.
- Technical ability to gather customer requirements and propose appropriate products and/or solutions.
- Using analytical and observation skills that demonstrate the vision and expectations as designed by the Sales Manager.\
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate a motor vehicle and must maintain a driving record acceptable to our liability carrier.
- Experience with Financial Force or a similar ERP.
To Be Successful You’ll Need These:
- Excellent communication skills
- Data analysis
- Time management
- Positive solution-minded personality
- Great interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable mindset
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee-Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.