Experienced Sales Engineer, Motivated, Problem Solver, Knowledgeable… Does it sound like we’re describing you? If so apply today to this exciting career at CHC.
As a Sales Engineer you will be responsible for maintaining and developing new business relationships and sales opportunities for CHC.
- Spend at least 60% of time outside the office (including home office) on sales activities and obtaining new customers.
- Responsible for management of the Commercial Engineered Equipment sales activities.
- Engage in a detailed relationship with customers to ensure both equipment functionality and potential for new profits.
- Identify, research, and contact existing and potential customers.
- Make sales presentations.
- Maintain established customers to allow the business to grow.
- Provide sales, marketing and technical support activities within the designated territory.
- Monitor the activities of our competitors, stay on top of their actions, and develop plans to stay ahead of them.
- Fully utilize CHC-CRM, Salesforce / FinancialForce to follow up on all projects.
- Generate proposals/quotations for commercial construction projects.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret construction bid documents.
- Provide any information required to complete client billing to accounting in a timely manner.
- Administer sales calls, expense records, and create timely reports.
- Present monthly sales expenses.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings to ensure that sales information flows both horizontally and vertically, and to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- Attend manufacturer’s webinars.
- Either proactively or as recommended by your manager, attend seminars or courses to continue your education, such as sales, software, current product line, and systems.
Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- Travel is required with this position
- A minimum of 10 years combined inside and outside sales experience in hydronic equipment sales, distribution or manufacturing, and fabrication.
- High School Graduate.
- Established knowledge of HVAC equipment and applications.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully negotiating commercial construction projects.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information to customers and company staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Statistical and analytical knowledge using general business and math skills.
- General computer experience (MS Windows, Office, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize tasks according to company goals and objectives.
- Technical ability to gather customer requirements and propose appropriate products and/or solutions.
- Using analytical and observation skills that demonstrate the vision and expectations as designed by the Sales Manager.
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate a motor vehicle and must maintain a driving record acceptable to our liability carrier.
- Experience with Financial Force or a similar ERP.
- Some College preferred
- Continued education/seminars in sales, business, and engineering preferred.
Key Traits for Success:
- Strong communication skills
- Data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Persuasive nature
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
In return, we offer:
CHC is 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.