The service manager’s duties are to oversee the day-to-day activities of workers and to provide operational expertise on various products sold by California/Columbia Hydronics.
- Maintain and enforce a Quality Assurance program to ensure that all service work is performed per manufacturers’ established company standards
- Establish a regular training program to ensure that Field Service Technicians are properly trained on the latest service techniques and safety procedures for equipment and working conditions.
- Ensure that components and parts replaced for warranty repair of equipment are properly tagged and identified for purposes of warranty replacement and return.
- Stay up to date with the latest code requirements as they apply to repair and replacement of equipment.
- Supervise and direct the Service Technicians to effectively perform the functions of equipment start-up, operation, warranty repair, and other duties as required to support the complete operational business of CHC.
- Manage trucks and tool inventories as well as outside contractors.
- Review and manage PTO from all Service staff to ensure that adequate coverage will be maintained throughout the year.
- Conduct regular meetings with Department employees to reinforce company standards and procedures.
- Report to the VPO regarding potential problems, delays, or conflicts in workloads as they affect the completion of any work scheduled.
- Report to the VPO any complications in work schedule or any potential problems which may lead to a reduction in workforce.
- Maintain communications with vendors and factory personnel concerning any problem incidents as they apply to products sold by CHC.
- Maintain records on product failures for purposes of obtaining compensations when permitted by factory warranty claims.
- Maintain a file on cost expenditures as they relate to the budget provided for operation of the department.
- Review the service reports generated for analysis of time spent, work performed, and outcome of service work.
- Daily review all requested service orders received from customers, inside sales personnel, outside sales personnel, or other employees of CHC.
The successful candidate must have a high energy level and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner. Training will be provided; however preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- Minimum five years as a customer service manager in hydronics and plumbing.
- Working knowledge of centrifugal pumps and pumping systems.
- Experience with Salesforce and Financial Force.
- Fluent in computer usage, particularly MS Office Suite.
- Statistical and Analytical Knowledge based on business-centric mathematics.
- High School Graduate
- Some college preferred.
In return, we offer:
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.