Who We Are:
CHC is the leader in the premier hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end users.
What You’re In For:
The Division Sales Manager is responsible for creating, managing, and sustaining a high-performance sales culture. They are a leader in the ongoing development of Division Sales Strategy and Sales & Marketing Plans.
What We Expect From You:
Sales & Marketing
- Work with the sales engineers on the best approach to increase sales, develop a plan of action, execute, and monitor progress, including profit objectives.
- Meet regularly with other Regional Managers and with Division Sales personnel to confirm that information flows horizontally and vertically to help achieve goals and objectives.
- Oversee that contracts are processed, and that appropriate personnel are informed of any special details with pricing, performance or start and completion date.
- Promote sales by utilizing marketing programs, advertising, and using promotional material to enhance company’s image.
- Monitor relations that the company has with existing and potential customers are maintained or developed. Contact them with proposals for supplying their overall needs.
- Research and evaluate competitor’s sales, pricing, advertising, and customer service, and review new markets. Develop plans to be ahead of them.
- Keep up-to-date with new products and ensure that subordinates do the same.
Inside Technical Support
- Support employees in understanding and interpreting technical requirements and providing technical information.
- Overall responsibility and management of Division Outside Sales Engineers/Associate Sales Engineers support staff to maximize and optimize territory management to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Supports employees with day-to-day business including but not limited to job quote cost/pricing strategies, project/quote follow-up responsibility, reporting project status details to represented manufacturers as needed/requested, promote/support sales activity for full line card,
- maintaining CRM accuracy per procedures set by Sales Department.
- Mentors direct reports to meet/exceed their job expectations, and holds them accountable for their actions.
- Provides performance reviews of personnel reporting to Division of Sales Manager.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and monitor the Division Sales activities of salespeople (as required) to ensure the perpetuation and growth of the company.
- Identifies training needs, initiates development of subordinates, and recommends effective personnel action.
- Maintains appropriate communications within area of responsibility.
- Keeps employees informed about company/department plans and progress.
- Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Ensures compliance within area of responsibility. Makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages time and follows through with requests/commitments.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
Training will be provided; but if you check off most of the list below, you’ll be on the top of the list.
- High school diploma.
- Have at least five years of sales experience.
- Sound administrative and well-developed management skills.
- Ability to analyze, understand, and follow through with action items.
- Success motivating personnel and increasing profitability.
- Plumbing &/or HVAC background preferred.
We Would Like You To Have (but it’s ok if you don’t):
- Experience with Salesforce (or similar ERP), Financial Force.
- College Degree
To Be Successful You’ll Need These:
- Excellent Emotional Intelligence
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee-Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.