Do you start visualizing piping diagrams at the mention of a new building being designed? If you answered yes and peoples first description of you is “they’re a people person” the Associate Business Development Representative may be a great fit for you.
As an Associate Business Development Representative will assist CHC Business Development Representatives in obtaining specifications for CHC’s product lines, provide follow up and support to CHC Business Development Reps, work closely with the mechanical and plumbing departments of consulting engineers, design/build contractors, and large end-users as assigned.
- Update/Create Business Development Rep Opportunities in Salesforce and Track Project Progress.
- Must have the ability to interpret construction bid documents to generate equipment selections, budget-pricing quotations using Salesforce.
- Create submittal packages or follow-up on submittal requests. Assist in response to submittal comments from contractors or design engineers.
- Develop relationships with Engineers through the use of phone calls, professional activities, and services as provided by CHC.
- Develop strong working relationships with the engineering community, end-users, and Architects.
- Educate and develop our Wet side and Airside (HVAC & R) business in the BD Reps territory.
- Develop strong business relationships with current and new clients, and maintain current product specifications for all products on the CHC line card.
- Provide the Sales Department with applicable information.
- Assist the Sales Department with our engineering clients by clarifying specifications and selecting the best strategy when preparing specifications/bids for projects.
- Assist the Quote Developers as needed with writing for Prior Approval.
- Select equipment using manufacturer’s sizing software, for Business Development Reps and prepare documents required by clients.
- Work with quotation department to review plans and specifications.
- Schedule customer visits, Lunch, and Learns with factory personnel with Business Development Reps.
- Work with service department on corrective actions that require engineers support.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner. Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- Working knowledge of plumbing and hydronic equipment and applications
- Ability to clearly communicate technical and non-technical information
- Ability to manage multiple projects and keep complete notes and records
- Understanding of heat transfer, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
- Understanding of engineering related mathematics
- General electrical knowledge in single/three phase systems, control circuits, and VFDs
- General computer experience with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF editing
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Experience with Salesforce and Financial Force or similar ERP.
- Experience with inside or outside sales in the hydronic, steam, Airside (HVAC & R) or commercial plumbing industry.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC & R equipment and applications.
In return, we offer:
CHC is a collaborative, empowering, and positive work environment. We are 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.