Technical, organized, and ready for a challenge… does that sound like you? The Associate Sales Engineer position could be the perfect fit for you.
As an Associate Sales Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the CHC Outside Sales Engineers and sales team.
- Update outside sales engineers and customers regarding changes in delivery schedules based on information provided by inside sales representatives, job site visits, and pricing data.
- Must have the ability to interpret construction bid documents to generate equipment selections, budget pricing and/or formal quotations using Salesforce.com CPQ.
- Create submittal packages or follow-up on submittal requests. Assist in response to submittal comments from contractors or design engineers.
- Follow up on sales opportunities using Salesforce.com CRM.
- Develop customer relationships and work with sales engineers on potential leads.
- Develop relationships with customers through the use of phone calls, professional activities, and services as provided by CHC.
- Act as the liaison between outside sales engineers and company staff.
- Provide customers with our standard application drawings based on their needs.
- Assist existing customers by phone, email, and web meetings; including CHC staff.
- Create Request for Service for equipment startup and warranty service requests.
- Verbally notify inside sales representatives when there is a “rush order” via face-to-face or phone only.
- Process customer orders and approved submittals, and write-up engineered BTO (Build to Order) products and process including order entry into the business system.
- Adhere to the prevailing wage procedure.
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Help compile job application, technical products information, plans/specs review, and quote descriptions/follow-up.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFQ’s via plan and spec review.
- Work with the Quotations Department when estimating and preparing custom engineered product quote descriptions.
- Review submittals for accuracy and assist in preparing CHC application sheets.
- Assist with technical and commercial clarifications.
- Provide assistance in packaged systems proposals, order processing (order entry by inside sales rep), and preparation of handover to the Fabrication Department.
- Attend scheduled sales meetings and provide constructive feedback on problems, ideas, or any other insights.
- Attend manufacturer’s webinars.
- Either proactively or as recommended by your manager, attend seminars or courses to continue your education, such as sales, software, current product line, and systems.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner. Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- 5 or more years of industry experience and/or an HVAC or Plumbing related AA degree or higher.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with both internal and external customers.
- A valid driver’s license is required to operate a motor vehicle and must maintain a driving record acceptable to our liability carrier.
- Plumbing and/or HVAC background.
- Technical sales experience
- Contractor industry experience
In return we offer:
CHC is a collaborative, empowering, and positive work environment. We are 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.