2-D, 3-D, Revit, AutoCAD… are we speaking your language? If so apply for our Associate Mechanical Designer position today!
The Associate Mechanical Designer position is responsible for drafting shop drawings, isometric drawings, and plan views. They will review and analyzing mechanical drawings, specifications, and submittals and work on equipment layout updates and perform some data entry. This position is in a production environment and designers are expected to produce multiple drawings per week.
- Use computer-assisted design/drafting equipment (AutoCAD/Revit) and software to develop designs.
- Create and revise production drawings with a Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining high precision quality design.
- Resolve floor questions regarding drawings and then make necessary adjustments.
- Sketch a rough layout of the machine and compute measurements.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of machines and products.
- Update Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Convert existing production drawings to Revit.
- Communicate with tooling, QA, engineering, and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Revit is a must and a strong desire to be a team player.
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems.
- Ability to represent the company positively and professionally.
- Persuasive leadership skills and the ability to work well with all employee
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school OR six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10+ years’ experience and proficiency with using Revit, 2D design packages such as AutoCAD.
- 3-5+ years’ experience and proficiency with using 3D design packages such as AutoCAD MEP, Revit or SolidWorks, or Inventor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A college degree is preferred.
In return, we offer:
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.