Who We Are:
CHC is the premier hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end users.
What You’re In For:
Drafting shop drawings, isometric drawings, and plan views is what you can expect your day to day to look like as an Associate Mechanical Designer. You will review and analyzing mechanical drawings, specifications, and submittals and work on equipment layout updates and perform some data entry. Producing multiple drawings a week should be no problem for you.
What We Expect From You:
- You’ll use computer-assisted design/drafting equipment (AutoCAD/Revit) and software to develop designs.
- Create and revise production drawings with a Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining high precision quality design.
- Resolve floor questions regarding drawings and make necessary adjustments.
- Sketch a rough layout of the packaged system and compute measurements.
- Draft detailed multi-view drawings of packaged systems and products.
- Update Drafting and Engineering Standards.
- Convert existing production drawings to Revit.
- Communicate with tooling, QA, engineering, and manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
Training will be provided; but if you check of most of the below, you’ll be on the top of the list.
- Revit is a must
- Possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Extreme attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school OR six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10+ years’ experience and proficiency with using Revit, 2D design packages such as AutoCAD.
- 3-5+ years’ experience and proficiency with using 3D design packages such as AutoCAD MEP, Revit or SolidWorks, or Inventor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
We Would Like You To Have (but it’s ok if you don’t):
A college degree is preferred.
To Be Successful You’ll Need:
- Positive and Professional Energy and Representation
- Team Player
- Persuasive Leadership Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Time Management Skills
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.