The Hydronic Technician builds and tests Pressure Booster Systems, Custom Packages, and maintains the Flowtherm Fabrication area and all its equipment at CHC Columbia.
- Make well-reasoned decisions that meet the best interest of the company and the customers
- Documents issues and actions taken, worked hours, parts and material information on work orders.
- Prints and documents inventory and job folders pertaining to Boosters and Custom Packages.
- Operates power tools, welders, cutters, grinders, forklifts, cranes, and fabrication equipment to mount, and repair HVAC equipment.
- Ensures control wiring and panels meet all specified standards and codes for NEC compliance and operation.
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to complete units or sub-units.
- Follow blueprints and layout specifications using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools.
- Layout and verify conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes, assembling necessary pipe and pipe fittings to industry standards.
- Tack and weld fitted parts together.
- Visit job sites when needed.
- Learn parts and equipment to be able to pull parts based off of a bill of material in order to set up and prepare projects as needed by the shop Lead.
- Will be required to use the CHC ERP system to download documents pertaining to each project.
- Based on business needs, must be able to work overtime.
The successful candidate must have a high energy level and be able to perform each essential duty in a timely and effective manner. Training will be provided; however, preference will be given to candidates who have experience with the following requirements listed below:
- Knowledge and the ability to read drawings, blueprints, and flow diagrams
- Computer or PC
- Welding in Flat Positions
- Basic Knowledge of Pipe Fittings and Piping Practices
- Basic Knowledge of Electrical Practices
- Working alone or independently
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.