Who We Are:
CHC is the premier hydronics and HVAC equipment supplier in our territories, and it’s been that way for over 60 years. That’s why you’ll find CHC-represented products at the heart of better buildings that make up the cities we live in. We work side by side with our partners to develop customized solutions to meet and exceed their expectations. Our core goal has remained the same since 1957, Always deliver the highest level of value and experience to our partner engineers, contractors, manufacturers, and end-users.
What You’re In For:
As a representative of CHC, you will provide the best customer service around because that is how we do it. You will obtain specifications for CHC’s product lines, provides follow-up and support to CHC Business Development Reps, and works closely with the mechanical and plumbing departments of consulting engineers, design/build contractors, and large end-users as assigned.
What We Expect From You:
- Visit and call on clients on a regular basis. (Expense account and car allowance provided.)
- Update/Create Business Development Rep Opportunities in SalesForce and Track Project Progress.
- Must have the ability to interpret construction bid documents to generate equipment selections, and budget-pricing quotations using Salesforce.
- Create system proposals or follow up on proposal requests. Assist in response to submittal comments from contractors or design engineers.
- Develop relationships with Engineers through phone calls, professional activities, and services as provided by CHC.
- Develop strong working relationships with the engineering community, end-users, and Architects.
- Educate and develop our Wet side and Airside (HVAC & R) business in the BD Reps territory.
- Develop strong business relationships with current and new clients and maintain current product specifications for all products on the CHC line card.
- Provide the Sales Department with applicable information and technical support.
- Assist the Sales Department with our engineering clients by clarifying specifications and selecting the best strategy when preparing specifications/bids for projects.
- Assist the Quote Developers as needed with writing for prior approval.
- Select equipment using manufacturer’s sizing software, for Business Development Reps and prepare documents required by clients.
- Work with the quotation department to review plans and specifications.
- Schedule customer visits and ‘Lunch and Learns’ with factory personnel with Business Development Reps.
- Work with the service department on corrective actions that require engineers’ support.
- Act resourcefully and in an innovative way to solve problems and complete tasks.
- Work with the Quotations Department when estimating and preparing custom-engineered product quote descriptions.
- Stay up-to-date on new product offerings and changes to existing products.
- Communicate in a clear, concise manner in verbal or written form with customers and within the organization.
- Provide input to CHC’s Salesforce CRM platform on new projects, new engineering offices, changes in client personnel, and changes in client’s business activity.
- Provide timely updates on project activity to the Business Tracking System.
- Maintain an accurate call report log and activity record.
- Maintain current and accurate files on projects and client contacts on the Salesforce CRM platform.
- Notify the Business Development Regional Manager about new leads.
- Provide specifications on company-represented products.
- Create training materials on the application of CHC’s product lines.
- Conduct training sessions for clients, staff members, and interested groups of engineers and contractors.
- Assist in the creation of technical documents for our engineering clients.
- Attend ASHRAE and ASPE meetings and actively participate in their business and social functions.
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Must Haves:
Training will be provided; but if you check off most of the list below, you’ll be at the top of the list.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree or suitable work experience.
We Would Like You To Have (but it’s ok if you don’t):
- Experience with Salesforce and Financial Force or similar ERP.
- Experience with inside or outside sales in the hydronic, steam, Airside (HVAC & R) or commercial plumbing industry.
- Extensive knowledge of HVAC & R equipment and applications.
To Be Successful You’ll Need These:
- Time Management
What You Can Expect From CHC:
CHC is a 100% Employee Owned Company (ESOP). We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. In addition, CHC offers many additional benefit options and support programs, as well as employee perks and recognition programs.
Salary Range and Benefits:
Base salary between $64,439 to $77,384, plus incentives and bonus
View our comprehensive benefits package HERE.